2017年1月16日星期一

How Autel AL519 check Chevrolet Silverado 2500 pickup engine code?

Today I am going to demonstrate how use Autel AL519 scanner to check engine code for my dad’s Chevrolet Silverado 2500 pickup. I tested it OK last weekend to read fault code and finally reset the check engine light.
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-1

The story was that: my dad’s pickup truck got a check engine light, so I tried to use the AL519 scanner to distinguish where was the problem. And I did it! AL519 read out the engine code P0455 and then I found out the problem easily: there was something wrong with the gas cap.

Autel AutoLink AL519, it is original but cheap. I got it from wobd2.com only $69, sent directly from UK. (And they also have US and Australia warehouse available.)
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-2

  1. Let’s talk to the point. Below are steps about how I did it:
First, connect AL519 to car’s OBD2 port. It’s underneath the driver side.
Next, choose “OBDII” function
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-3
It show me system status
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-4
I press “OK” button and it ask me to erase the stored code? I choose “Yes”
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-5
Then I choose “Read Codes” option
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-6
Choose “Stored Codes”
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-7
And it show me the engine code: P0455 Evaporative emission system leak
autel-autolink-al519-check-engine-code-chevrolet-pickup-8
I find out there must be some issues on the gas cap. And I am correct, the gas cap is loose. So I make it a good seal and the check engine light soon disappears!
That’s all about my review and test of Autel AL519. I am happy with it and hope it also helps you!

没有评论:

发表评论